Carisma produces jewellery in 316L stainless steel. We also make use of enamel. Stainless steel is resistant and most importantly hypoallergenic(relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reaction). Each pieces may differ from the website pictures due to most of the jewellery being handmade and using natural stones. We strive to provide the best quality, combining resistant stainless steel with the finest 18k gold plating on the market.
- Although stainless steel jewellery doesn’t tarnish or corrode and doesn’t require special care, it can scratch.
- That’s why you should wear and store your pieces in a way that minimizes any contact with other items that can damage your stainless steel jewellery.
- If your jewellery does get scratched, you can always have it professionally polished by a jeweller.
- Store your stainless steel pieces separately from jewellery made of other metals. It is best if you keep your stainless steel items in individual bags or pouches.
- Use of perfume, deodorant, hairspray, make up, nail polish remover, lotions, oils, antibacterial soaps, shower gels, shampoos,salty water, chlorine and chemicals in washing liquids can all have an impact on the gold plating. Although stainless steel is strong, gold plating is very delicate and can easily be discoloured or darkened if it comes across these elements. Semi-precious stones may also become dull when in contact with these elements since they are naturally porous. Such damage on plating and stones is irreparable.
- All jewellery pieces should be stored individually, preferably in the provided Carisma velvet protective pouch so as to avoid abrasion caused by items rubbing against each other.
Cleaning your jewellery is also essential to enjoy it for longer and preserve their shine. We suggest you use a soft, non-abrasive microfiber cloth to softly clean your jewellery pieces. The use of lukewarm water is also accepted as long as the item is then fully dried with a soft cloth. Cleaners containing harsh chemicals are to be absolutely avoided due to irreparable damage.
Stainless steel jewellery is pretty easy to clean. Simply follow these steps:
- Pour some warm water in a small bowl, and add some mild dishwashing soap.
- Dip a soft, lint-free cloth in the soapy water, and then gently wipe the stainless steel jewellery with the damp cloth until the piece is clean.
When cleaning it, rub the item along its polish lines.
- Wipe the remaining soap off your jewellery using a moist cloth dipped in clean water.
- Dry the jewellery well with a clean towel, and then leave your pieces to air dry.
After your stainless steel jewellery is clean, you can use a jewellery polish or a polishing cloth to shine it.
An alternative to these cleaning methods is to purchase a stainless steal cleaner and follow the instructions on the package. You can also buy a regular jewellery cleaner whose label says that it can be used on stainless steel.
Carisma products come with a 15-month warranty. We invite you to read the warranty Terms & Conditions on our website.
For any enquiries concerning jewellery care or after sales service please contact our Customer Service team on Monday's to Friday's between 8:30am-5:30pm, excluding public holidays.